Quick summary: Students apply what they have learnt to create a more energy efficient classroom by identifying behaviours and rules that help them manage their classroom.
Key lessons and understandings of activity:
- Students are able to control some aspects of their environment such as energy reductions.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 3 English
- Use interaction skills, including active listening behaviours and communicate in a clear, coherent manner using a variety of everyday and learned vocabulary and appropriate tone, pace, pitch and volume (ACELY1792)
- Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning and begin to evaluate texts by drawing on a growing knowledge of context, text structures and language features (ACELY1680)
Year 4 English
- Use interaction skills such as acknowledging another’s point of view and linking students’ response to the topic, using familiar and new vocabulary and a range of vocal effects such as tone, pace, pitch and volume to speak clearly and coherently (ACELY1688)
- Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning to expand content knowledge, integrating and linking ideas and analysing and evaluating texts (ACELY1692)
Syllabus Outcomes: EN2-1A, EN2-4A.
Year levels: 3 and 4
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: 75 mins
Learning areas addressed: English, Science, Geography, Mathematics.
Resources required: Writing and art materials.
Keywords: Energy, behaviour change, energy reduction.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.