Quick summary: Students will develop a chart and roster to make sure their classroom remains energy efficient.
Key lessons and understandings of activity:
- Ongoing routines and organization is needed to maintain an energy efficient classroom.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 1 Science
- Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways such as oral and written language, drawing and role play (ACSIS029)
Year 1 English
- Create short imaginative and informative texts that show emerging use of appropriate text structure, sentence-level grammar, word choice, spelling, punctuation and appropriate multimodal elements, for example illustrations and diagrams (ACELY1661)
Year 2 Science
- Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways such as oral and written language, drawing and role play (ACSIS042)
- Earth’s resources, including water, are used in a variety of ways (ACSSU032)
- People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE035)
Year 2 English
- Create short imaginative, informative and persuasive texts using growing knowledge of text structures and language features for familiar and some less familiar audiences, selecting print and multimodal elements appropriate to the audience and purpose (ACELY1671)
Year levels: 1 and 2
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: 45 mins
Learning areas addressed: Mathematics, Geography, Science.
Level of teacher scaffolding: Assist students developing a roster.
Resources required: Writing materials, computer and printer and a classroom smartboard if available.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.