Quick summary: Students use their prior knowledge to explain how appliances are used in their homes and classroom each day.
- Students learn that appliances in homes and the classroom have a variety of functions.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 1 Science
- People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE022)
Year 1 Mathematics
- Represent data with objects and drawings where one object or drawing represents one data value. Describe the displays (ACMSP263)
Year 2 Science
- Earth’s resources, including water, are used in a variety of ways (ACSSU032)
- People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE035)
Year 2 Mathematics
- Create displays of data using lists, table and picture graphs and interpret them (ACMSP050)
Year levels: 1 and 2
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: 30 mins
Level of teacher scaffolding: Assist student to observe and name appliances in the classroom and understand the activity sheet.
Resources required: Complete online or print out the activity and provide colour pencils or markers. Look at the list of things that you might have in your house or at your school.
Keywords: Energy, appliances, classroom.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.