‘Making Science Cool’ will provide you with teaching tools that your can use to integrate the cross-curricular priority area of Sustainability into your Science lessons.
In this 6-hour course, you will explore:
- What ‘sustainability’ actually means (it’s more than just “the environment”)
- Pedagogical approaches to Education for Sustainability
- Sustainability as a cross-curricular priority area in the subject of Science in the Australian Curriculum
- Examples and case studies of best practice from other teachers and schools
- Cool Australia’s free-to-access lesson plans and digital libraries.
By completing this course, you will learn practical and creative ways to make Science come alive for your students. The course contains practical sessions where you will be encouraged to ‘give it a go’. There is a also an online forum where you can meet other teachers and educators from across Australia.
Secondary science teachers and heads of science departments. Ideal for casual relief teachers and student teachers too!
This is a 6-hour online course. It can be completed at any stage over a five week period.
This course will run with the following start dates:
- 15th June 2015
$269 + GST
This course contributes to 6.0 professional development hours.