‘Sustainability in the Curriculum’ is a 6-hour course that will help you find meaningful entry points for embedding sustainability in the curriculum from Foundation to Grade 2.
In this course, you will explore:
- What ‘sustainability’ actually means
- Pedagogical approaches to Education for Sustainability
- Sustainability in the Australian Curriculum
- Examples of best practice from other schools
- Cool Australia’s free-to-access lesson plans and digital libraries.
The course contains practical sessions where you will be encouraged to ‘give it a go’. There is also an online forum where you can meet teachers and early childhood educators from across Australia.
Primary teachers, curriculum leaders, aides, education officers and service providers working with Foundation to Year 2 students.
This 6-hour online course can be completed at any stage over a five week period.
This course is available with the following start dates:
- 15th June 2015
$269 + GST
This course contributes to 6.0 professional development hours.