Quick summary: Students present their ideas about two possible energy futures and the impact it may have on them.
Learning goals for this activity include:
- Examining their own perspective on what is required for a positive future and how this could be influenced by our energy needs.
- Demonstrate ability to use scenarios and models to explain or demonstrate a concept.
- Communicate effectively in fair and considered class-wide discussion on issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in a creative manner to complete activity.
- Communicate effectively in an oral presentation.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 9 English
- Create imaginative, informative and persuasive texts that present a point of view and advance or illustrate arguments, including texts that integrate visual, print and/or audio features (ACELY1746)
Year 9 Science
- The values and needs of contemporary society can influence the focus of scientific research (ACSHE228)
Year 10 English
- Create sustained texts, including texts that combine specific digital or media content, for imaginative, informative, or persuasive purposes that reflect upon challenging and complex issues (ACELY1756)
Year 10 Science
- The values and needs of contemporary society can influence the focus of scientific research (ACSHE230)
Year levels: 9 and 10
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required 45+ mins
Learning areas addressed: English, Science.
Level of teacher scaffolding: Lead class discussion around student posters.
Resources required: Art and writing materials.
Homework and extension opportunities: Parts of this activity can be set as homework.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.