Quick summary: Students produce a poster focusing on a single energy tip.
Key lessons and understandings of activity:
- Students are able to communicate to others some of the ways to save energy.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 1 Science
- Use a range of methods to sort information, including drawings and provided tables (ACSIS027)
- People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE022)
Year 1 English
- Create short imaginative and informative texts that show emerging use of appropriate text structure, sentence-level grammar, word choice, spelling, punctuation and appropriate multimodal elements, for example illustrations and diagrams (ACELY1661)
Year 2 Science
- Use a range of methods to sort information, including drawings and provided tables (ACSIS040)
- Earth’s resources, including water, are used in a variety of ways (ACSSU032)
- People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE035)
Year 2 English
- Create short imaginative, informative and persuasive texts using growing knowledge of text structures and language features for familiar and some less familiar audiences, selecting print and multimodal elements appropriate to the audience and purpose (ACELY1671)
Year levels: 1 and 2
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: 35 mins
Learning areas addressed: English, Geography, Science, Design and Technology.
Level of teacher scaffolding: Assist students with selecting a tip.
Resources required: Printed activity sheets.
Keywords: Energy, tips, saving, poster.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.