Quick summary: Introduces students to energy sources using the colouring-in sheet about energy and the letter ‘E’.
Key lessons and understandings of activity:
- There are different sources of energy.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 1 Science
- People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE022)
Year 1 English
- Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning about key events, ideas and information in texts that they listen to, view and read by drawing on growing knowledge of context, text structures and language features (ACELY1660)
Year 2 Science
- Earth’s resources, including water, are used in a variety of ways (ACSSU032)
- People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE035)
Year 2 English
- Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning and begin to analyse texts by drawing on growing knowledge of context, language and visual features and print and multimodal text structures (ACELY1670)
Syllabus Outcomes: ST1-11LW, ST1-9ES, EN1-4A.
Year levels: 1 and 2
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: 15 mins
Learning areas addressed: English, The Arts (Visual Arts).
Resources required: Art and writing materials, printed activity sheet.
Keywords: Energy, art, colour in.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.