Quick summary: Students identify what will be the best option for their first car.
Learning goals for this activity include:
- Understand the energy requirements used in transportation.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in a creative manner to complete activity.
- Demonstrate the ability to research and compile information on issues, and to communicate lessons from research through art or literacy activities (extension).
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 9 Science
- People can use scientific knowledge to evaluate whether they should accept claims, explanations or predictions (ACSHE160)
Year 10 Science
- People can use scientific knowledge to evaluate whether they should accept claims, explanations or predictions (ACSHE194)
Syllabus Outcomes: SC5-13ES.
Year levels: 9 and 10
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: 40 mins
Learning areas addressed: Geography, Science
Level of teacher scaffolding: Lead students in class discussion around their imagined energy sources.
Resources required: Art and writing materials, Internet and library access, printed worksheet.
Homework and extension opportunities: None.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.