Quick summary: Using any of The Arts, small groups of students develop a small communication project that explains how they will adapt to their energy future.
Learning goals for this activity include:
- Use one aspect of The Arts to communicate something of significance about their energy future.
- The future will require people to adapt to new circumstances.
- Enough is known about the future for individuals to make adaptation choices now.
- Communicate effectively with others.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 9 English
- Create imaginative, informative and persuasive texts that present a point of view and advance or illustrate arguments, including texts that integrate visual, print and/or audio features (ACELY1746)
Year 10 English
- Create sustained texts, including texts that combine specific digital or media content, for imaginative, informative, or persuasive purposes that reflect upon challenging and complex issues (ACELY1756)
Syllabus Outcomes: EN5-1A.
Year levels: 9 and 10
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: 60 mins
Learning areas addressed: The Arts, English, Geography, Science.
Level of teacher scaffolding: Ask students to justify their choice from which aspect of The Arts they wish to use.
Resources required: Writing and art materials, computers etc.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.