Quick summary: Students use their prior knowledge to organise their ideas about their reliance on energy.
Learning goals for this activity include:
- Recognise the role and our dependence on energy including energy sources.
- Use their knowledge as the basis of new learnings.
- Communicate effectively with others.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 9 English
- Create imaginative, informative and persuasive texts that present a point of view and advance or illustrate arguments, including texts that integrate visual, print and/or audio features (ACELY1746)
Year 9 Science
- Communicate scientific ideas and information for a particular purpose, including constructing evidence-based arguments and using appropriate scientific language, conventions and representations (ACSIS174)
Year 10 English
- Create sustained texts, including texts that combine specific digital or media content, for imaginative, informative, or persuasive purposes that reflect upon challenging and complex issues (ACELY1756)
Year 10 Science
- Communicate scientific ideas and information for a particular purpose, including constructing evidence-based arguments and using appropriate scientific language, conventions and representations (ACSIS208)
Syllabus Outcomes: SC5-9WS, EN5-1A.
Year levels: 9 and 10
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: 60 + mins
Learning areas addressed: English, Geography, Science.
Level of teacher scaffolding: help students value their prior knowledge.
Resources needed: Writing materials.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.