Quick summary: Amy’s Balancing Act by Bjorn Sturmberg and Laura Stitzel is a colourful, easy-to-read picture book for younger kids perfect for starting conversations about energy and its impact on the climate.
Time required: 40 minutes or so.
- Art supplies – coloured pencils and textas
- A computer with access to the internet
- Factsheet – Everything you need to know about energy (optional)
- Text – Amy’s Balancing Act. You can purchase a physical copy of the book here. You can also access the book for educational purposes here, using the password SchoolAccess
- The ‘teacher’ worksheet (below), which you can print off. This has all the instructions to follow
- White paper.