Quick summary: This activity is based on Bluey, Season 2, Ice Cream. It uses intentional teaching strategies to focus on the capability of sharing. Children will take part in creative activities that require them to use the skills of sharing items with each other. Sharing becomes a way to make beautiful artistic masterpieces while listening to music and working with our friends.
This is an official Bluey lesson that celebrates the joy and curiosity of Bluey and allows children to build social and emotional intelligence and develop oral language skills. Most of all it has been designed to inspire creativity and imagination in your children!
Lesson Values: This lesson has been designed to provide opportunities for children to explore social and emotional learning through imaginative play. All lessons in the Bluey series are underpinned by a philosophy of play and imagination. In addition, this lesson specifically focuses on…
Click here for a full list of values, and the explanations and learning philosophy that underpins these lessons.
EYLF Learning Outcome
Children are effective communicators
1. Children interact verbally and non-verbally with others for a range of purposes
2. Children engage with a range of texts and gain meaning from these texts
3. Children express ideas and make meaning using a range of media
4. Children begin to understand how symbols and pattern systems work
5. Children use information and communication technologies to access information, investigate ideas and represent their thinking
Unit of work: Bluey – Early Learning.
Age group: 2 – 5 years.
Time required: 40 minutes.
- Device capable of presenting a video to children
- Large sheets of paper one piece for each child
- Simple art supplies such as pencils, crayons, markers and paint.
This activity has been developed in partnership with Ludo Studio. We would like to acknowledge the support of ABC Kids, BBC Studios, Screen Australia and Screen Queensland.