Quick summary: This lesson is based on Bluey, Season 2, Road Trip. It uses intentional teaching strategies to focus on the capabilities of patience. Children will explore the elements of being patient. Children begin by exploring the things in the outside world that can help us when waiting. They then play a game of cloud watching to occupy their curious minds when waiting. The aim of this lesson is to support children to use their imaginations to discover patience through simple games.
This is an official Bluey lesson that celebrates the joy and curiosity of Bluey and allows children to build social and emotional intelligence and develop oral language skills. Most of all it has been designed to inspire creativity and imagination in your children!
Lesson Values: This lesson has been designed to provide opportunities for children to explore social and emotional learning through imaginative play. All lessons in the Bluey series are underpinned by a philosophy of play and imagination. In addition, this lesson specifically focuses on…
Click here for a full list of values, and the explanations and learning philosophy that underpins these lessons.
EYLF Learning Outcome
Children are connected with and contribute to their world
1. Children develop a sense of belonging to groups and communities and an understanding of the reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active community participation
2. Children respond to diversity with respect
3. Children become aware of fairness
4. Children become socially responsible and show respect for the environment.
Unit of work: Bluey – Early Learning.
Age group: 2 – 5 years.
Time required: 40 minutes.
- Device capable of presenting a video to children
- Garden space at the learning centre
- Outside play area or large viewing windows
- Rugs or outside matting for children to lie down on.
This activity has been developed in partnership with Ludo Studio. We would like to acknowledge the support of ABC Kids, BBC Studios, Screen Australia and Screen Queensland.