Quick summary: This activity is based on Bluey, Season 2, The Show. Kids explore the value of listening. They begin by watching the Bluey episode and talking about what they saw in the episode. Kids will then put on their own show, just like in the episode. In creating and performing this show, kids will be asked to listen and respond to whispered instructions from the director about how the plot of the show will play out.
This is an official Bluey activity that celebrates the joy and curiosity of Bluey and allows kids to build social and emotional intelligence and develop oral language skills. Most of all it has been designed to inspire creativity and imagination in your kids!
Ideal For: Early Learning, Lower Primary
Activity Values: This activity has been designed to provide opportunities for kids to explore social and emotional learning through imaginative play. All activities in the Bluey series are underpinned by a philosophy of play and imagination. In addition, this activity specifically focuses on…
Click here for a full list of values, and the explanation of our learning philosophy that underpins the Bluey activities.
Time required: 20 minutes
To learn about social and emotional learning and the importance of play for kids, click here.
To find out more about Bluey, click here.
- A bell, rattle or any other noise-making device
- Collect a range of materials that you could use in a show, such as costumes, masks, face paint and props
- Collect a range of soft toys, dolls or puppets who can play different roles in your show
- Set up a performance space, indoors or outdoors. Prepare a space for your audience (your audience may be real people or soft toys and/or dolls)
- A bell, rattle or any other noise-making device.
This activity has been developed in partnership with Ludo Studio. We would like to acknowledge the support of ABC Kids, BBC Studios, Screen Australia and Screen Queensland.