Quick summary: This Take It Home Resource Pack will support parents/caregivers and interested community members in supporting the delivery of the STOP the Coward Punch education package. This guide is complemented by the School And Community Facilitation Guide, which supports community leaders, teachers and school leaders in delivering a whole-community approach to violence prevention.
This resource pack is designed to accompany the STOP the Coward Punch learning units, as follows:
- Health and Physical Education Years 7 & 8
- Health and Physical Education Years 9 & 10
- English – Years 7 to 10
- Civics and Citizenship – Years 7 to 10
- Science – Years 7 to 10
- The Arts – Years 7 to 10
The STOP the Coward Punch education package was developed in consultation with a youth worker, education specialist and teachers and references the latest research and laws on coward punches.
- Parents/caregivers and interested community members will know how they can support their child’s engagement in the STOP the Coward Punch education package
- Parents/caregivers and interested community members will understand the importance of addressing issues surrounding coward punches and violence prevention
- Parents/caregivers and interested community members will learn relevant vocabulary
- Parents/caregivers and interested community members will better understand how to work with young people to manage their feelings, substance use and violent behaviours
- Parents/caregivers and interested community members will develop confidence in relevant approaches and strategies for working with at-risk young people
- Parents and caregivers will know where to turn if their child needs help with violence-related issues.
Topic: Social Issues
This lesson is part of the wider unit of work STOP the Coward Punch: Supporting Resources.
Related online course: Strategies for Dealing with Aggressive and Violent Behaviours
Keywords: school, facilitation, community, clubs, community engagement, whole-school approach, whole-community approach, parents, caregivers, anti-violence, violence, prevention, coward punch, king hit, one punch
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.