Quick summary: This Take It Home Resource Pack will support parents/caregivers and interested community members in supporting the delivery of the eSafety for Kids unit of work in their child’s school. The lessons each include a Take It Home activity, which are included in this pack. This pack is designed to work alongside the School Facilitation Guide, which includes information for schools to facilitate a whole-school approach to eSafety.
This resource pack is designed to accompany the eSafety For Kids in-class lessons, as follows:
- Know The Internet
- You Decide
- Feeling Fishy Online
- Express Yourself Safely
- My Social Brain
- Cleaning Up
School staff and parents/caregivers can find additional support by undertaking the free online course, Teaching Consent to Children and referring to the scenario-specific Teacher Factsheets and/or Parent Factsheets.
The eSafety for Kids education package was developed in consultation with a team of experts, including a child and adolescent psychologist, education specialist, teachers, parents and in reference to the latest research and guidelines (at time of publication). It is designed to align with the recommendations in the Best Practice Framework for Online Safety Education (eSafety Commissioner).
The images for this eSafety for Kids package are sourced from The Tweeting Galah book series and used with permission from Kim Maslin.
- Parents/caregivers and interested community members will know how they can support their child’s learning during the eSafety For Kids lesson sequence
- Parents/caregivers and interested community members will understand the importance of addressing issues surrounding child sexual exploitation and the prevalence of it
- Parents/caregivers and interested community members will better understand how to work with children to reduce the risk of child sexual exploitation
- Parents/caregivers and interested community members will develop confidence in relevant vocabulary and technologies.
Topic: Health & Wellbeing
This pack is part of the wider educational package, eSafety For Kids.
Related online course: Teaching Consent to Children.
- Email template introducing the school to resources
- Glossary of Key Terms
- Handling Sensitive Topics and Issues Factsheet
- Take It Home Resource Sheets
Keywords: parents, caregivers, homework, eSafety, child sexual exploitation, grooming, online safety, community engagement, whole-school approach
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.