- Students design a communication product suited to a chosen audience.
- Students engage a chosen audience with a media they prefer.
- Students distribute the communication product.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 7 Science
- Communicate ideas, findings and solutions to problems using scientific language and representations using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS133)
- Water is an important resource that cycles through the environment (ACSSU116)
Year 7 English
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts, selecting aspects of subject matter and particular language, visual, and audio features to convey information and ideas (ACELY1725)
Year 8 Science
- Communicate ideas, findings and solutions to problems using scientific language and representations using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS148)
- Science and technology contribute to finding solutions to a range of contemporary issues; these solutions may impact on other areas of society and involve ethical considerations (ACSHE135)
Year 8 English
- Create imaginative, informative and persuasive texts that raise issues, report events and advance opinions, using deliberate language and textual choices, and including digital elements as appropriate (ACELY1736)
Year levels: 7 and 8
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: 30 mins
Learning areas addressed: Science, Geography, Civics and citizenship, ICT
Level of teacher scaffolding: Assist students choosing an appropriate media for their chosen audience and making sure it has some chance of being distributed, displayed etc.
Resources required: Computers, internet, writing or art materials.
Homework and extension opportunities: part of this activity could be assigned as homework.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.