Quick summary: Students bring together what they believe needs to be done to provide future energy solutions.
Learning goals for this activity include:
- Formulate interconnected solutions at many levels of society.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in a creative manner to complete activity.
- Communicate effectively in an oral presentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to research and compile information on issues, and to communicate lessons from research through art or literacy activities (extension).
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 9 Science
- Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent with evidence (ACSIS170)
Year 10 Science
- Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent with evidence (ACSIS204)
Syllabus Outcomes: SC5-7WS.
Year levels: 9 and 10
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: 15 mins
Learning areas addressed: Geography, Science, English.
Level of teacher scaffolding: Lead students in class discussion.
Resources required: Writing materials or computer and internet access to online student worksheet.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.