Quick summary: This is an energetic activity to get your kids outside and thinking about some of the big themes around energy. Students have to remember what action are associated with energy-themed words, and then complete these actions successfully in order to remain in the game.
- What is energy?
- How can we explore energy while being active and having fun?
- What are some different types of renewable energy?
21st century skills:
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 5 Science
- Scientific understandings, discoveries and inventions are used to solve problems that directly affect peoples’ lives (ACSHE083)
Year 6 Science
- Energy from a variety of sources can be used to generate electricity (ACSSU219)
- Scientific understandings, discoveries and inventions are used to solve problems that directly affect peoples’ lives (ACSHE100)
Syllabus Outcomes: ST3-7PW, ST3-6PW
General capabilities: Critical and creative thinking.
Cross-curriculum priority: Sustainability OI.8.
Time required: 60 mins
Level of teacher scaffolding: High – Lead the students in activity.
Resources required: Printed sheet of words and actions, large open space. Student Worksheet – one copy per student OR computers/tablets to access the online worksheet.
Digital technology opportunities: Digital sharing capabilities.
Homework and extension opportunities: This activity includes opportunities for extension.
Keywords: Energy, electricity, renewable energy, game.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.