The Toyota Dream Car Art Contest wants you to let your imagination run wild and submit a hand-created artwork of your dream car. This is a chance for you to get really creative and explore the different design elements of a car including: movement, fuel, materials, positive impact, look and feel.
Most kids will be able to work on this activity with minimal support.
Ideal for: Upper Primary Ages 10 – 12
- be creative
- think and connect
Time required: 180+ minutes
Teachers, parents and kids can say goodbye to the post! Entrants/teachers can bulk upload or individually upload a scanned file of their drawing or photo via the online entry form.
Important! Kids will need to hang onto their artwork after entering in order to be eligible to win prizes and have their artwork showcased.
The Toyota Dream Car Art Contest is a global contest held to inspire creative expression and imagination in children – some amazing ideas are born from dreams! Students wishing to enter the competition are required to draw or paint a picture of what they imagine their dream car will look like. There are three age categories: under 8s, 8 to 11, and 12 to 15.
Visit the Toyota Dream Car Art Contest website for further information and to view last year’s winners of the competition. The Toyota Dream Car Art Contest usually commences late October to early November and concludes late to early March. Find up-to-date entry details, prizes and full terms and conditions here.
- Year 3: ACTDEK010, ACTDEK011, ACTDEK013, ACTDEP015, ACTDEP017, ACAVAM111, ACAVAM112
- Year 4: ACHASSK090, ACTDEK010, ACTDEK011, ACTDEK013, ACTDEP015, ACTDEP017, ACAVAM111, ACAVAM112, ACSSU074, ACSSU075
- Year 5: ACSSU043, ACHASSK120, ACHASSK119, ACHASSK114, ACTDEK019, ACTDEK023, ACTDEP025, ACTDEP027, ACAVAM114, ACAVAM115
- Year 6: ACSSU094, ACTDEK019, ACTDEK023, ACTDEP025, ACTDEP027, ACAVAM114, ACAVAM115, ACSSU097
Complete lessons for classroom teachers:
- Colour scanner or camera
- Device capable of accessing online materials
- Drawing materials, including but not limited to coloured pencils, pens/markers, crayons, paints, watercolour paints
- Natural Resources Factsheet (optional)
- Paper measuring no larger than A3 in size (400mm x 550mm) or (15.7 x 21.7 inches) or an A3 printed Toyota Dream Car Drawing Template.
[email protected] from Cool Australia
[email protected] resources are designed for parents and teachers to use with children in the home environment. They can be used as stand-alone activities or built into existing curriculum-aligned learning programs. Our [email protected] series includes two types of resources. The first are fun and challenging real-world activities for all ages, the second are self-directed lessons for upper primary and secondary students. These lessons support independent learning in remote or school settings.
This lesson has been developed in partnership with Toyota.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.