Some story books use pictures and words to show us the natural world. In this activity, you will spot natural features, like clouds or trees, that can be found in both a favourite picture book and your own garden.
This activity is a great one to do together as a family.
Early Learning, Lower Primary Ages 3 – 5
- fresh air
- chill time
Time required: 15 minutes
You might like to pre-select some nature-based picture storybooks for your kid/s to choose from.
- EYLF: Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- EYLF: Outcome 4: Children are involved and confident learners
- EYLF: Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
- Foundation: ACELY1646, ACELT1575
- Access to outdoors
- Blanket to sit on – optional
- Picture book with nature-based theme. You may also be able to find videos of a suitable book being read.
Learning@Home from Cool Australia
Learning@Home resources are designed for parents and teachers to use with children in the home environment. They can be used as stand-alone activities or built into existing curriculum-aligned learning programs. Our Learning@Home series includes two types of resources. The first are fun and challenging real-world activities for all ages, the second are self-directed lessons for upper primary and secondary students. These lessons support independent learning in remote or school settings.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.