- People are able to protect plants and animals that live around them.
- Students can also promise to protect them.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 1 English
- Create short imaginative and informative texts that show emerging use of appropriate text structure, sentence-level grammar, word choice, spelling, punctuation and appropriate multimodal elements, for example illustrations and diagrams (ACELY1661)
Year 1 Science
- Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways such as oral and written language, drawing and role play (ACSIS029)
Year 2 English
- Create short imaginative, informative and persuasive texts using growing knowledge of text structures and language features for familiar and some less familiar audiences, selecting print and multimodal elements appropriate to the audience and purpose (ACELY1671)
Year 2 Science
- Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways such as oral and written language, drawing and role play (ACSIS042)
Year levels: 1 and 2
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: 20 – 40 mins
Learning areas addressed: Science, Geography, English.
Level of teacher scaffolding: Lead students in a discussion and write lists.
Resources required: Writing and drawing materials.
Keywords: conservation, student action, animals and plants, promise.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.