Quick summary: Students complete a small project about a reusable water bottle. They are provided with different options about how they would like to do their project. In their project they need to explain the importance of healthy habits when drinking water, drinking enough water and how they can avoid creating waste.
Key lessons and understandings of activity:
- Students communicate personal views about how to solve issues about drinking water.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 3 English
- Create imaginative texts based on characters, settings and events from students’ own and other cultures using visual features, for example perspective, distance and angle (ACELT1601)
Year 3 Science
- Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports (ACSIS060)
Year 4 English
- Create literary texts by developing storylines, characters and settings (ACELT1794)
Year 4 Science
- Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports (ACSIS071)
Year levels: 3 and 4
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor/Outdoor
Time required: 60+ mins
Learning areas addressed: Civics and Citizenship, Health and Physical Education (Depending on project, The Arts or English).
Level of teacher scaffolding: Assist students with the direction of their projects.
Resources required: Assist them if they need resources.
Homework and extension opportunities: Students may want to create props at home.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.