Quick summary: This activity provides children with an opportunity to develop skills in futures thinking, systems thinking, imagination and problem solving through making.
|Activity developed in partnership with the|
This activity has been designed to develop the creative potential of young children through experiential learning in the arts.
EYLF Learning Outcome
Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
Outcome 2: Children are connected and contribute to their world
Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of well being
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
- An extensive supply of loose parts (see Teacher Worksheet below for some inspiration), art and craft materials, recycled materials, props, pictures/magazines, books, dress ups, posters, and anything else that may provoke discussion or ideas about the possibilities of a Fantastic Future.
- A space you can dedicate to the Imagination Lab for an extended period of time.
- Cool Australia – How can Educators and Families Nurture Creativity in Young Children?
- ArtPlay Melbourne
- Early Arts UK
- Creativity and Early Brain Development
- Nurturing Creativity Early Childhood Australia
- Creativity In Childhood: The Role of Education
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.