Quick summary: Students design stickers for home and a poster for school to remind people not to waste water.
Key lessons and understandings of activity:
- Design a communication product that prompts people’s memory about their water use.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 1 Science
- Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways such as oral and written language, drawing and role play (ACSIS029)
Year 1 English
- Create short imaginative and informative texts that show emerging use of appropriate text structure, sentence-level grammar, word choice, spelling, punctuation and appropriate multimodal elements, for example illustrations and diagrams (ACELY1661)
Year 2 Science
- Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways such as oral and written language, drawing and role play (ACSIS042)
Year 2 English
- Create short imaginative, informative and persuasive texts using growing knowledge of text structures and language features for familiar and some less familiar audiences, selecting print and multimodal elements appropriate to the audience and purpose (ACELY1671)
Year levels: 1 and 2
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: two times 25 mins
Learning areas addressed: Geography, English, The Arts (ICT option).
Level of teacher scaffolding: Help students to choose appropriate art materials.
Resources required: Art materials.
Homework and extension opportunities: None.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.