- Students understand that many animals need a safe place to drink water.
- Students recognise that people can help our native animals.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 1 Mathematics
- Measure and compare the lengths and capacities of pairs of objects using uniform informal units (ACMMG019)
- Give and follow directions to familiar locations (ACMMG023)
Year 1 Science
- Participate in different types of guided investigations to explore and answer questions, such as manipulating materials, testing ideas, and accessing information sources (ACSIS025)
Year 2 Mathematics
- Compare and order several shapes and objects based on length, area, volume and capacity using appropriate uniform informal units (ACMMG037)
- Interpret simple maps of familiar locations and identify the relative positions of key features (ACMMG044)
Year 2 Science
- Participate in different types of guided investigations to explore and answer questions, such as manipulating materials, testing ideas, and accessing information sources (ACSIS038)
Syllabus Outcomes: MA1‑1WM, MA1‑2WM, MA1‑3WM, MA1-9MG, MA1-10MG, MA1-11MG, MA1-15MG, MA1-16MG.
General capabilities: Critical and creative thinking, Numeracy.
Cross-curriculum priority: Sustainability OI.2.
Time required: 60 mins
Level of teacher scaffolding: Medium – Lead students in a discussion and write lists.
Resources required: Smartboard or blackboard, Student Worksheet – one copy per student OR computers/tablets to access the online worksheet.
Digital technology opportunities: Digital sharing capabilities.
Homework and extension opportunities: Includes opportunities for extension.
Keywords: Bird, bath, feeding, biodiversity.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.