Students explore the different ways we can be healthy, focusing on fabulous food, wonderful water, moving, grooving and restful recharge. The students make a ‘Healthy Me’ poster, showing all of the ways you can reduce added sugar every day, drink more water and get plenty of rest. The posters can be used as a display to share with others.
- Students understand how we can make healthy choices
- Students share the message of healthy choices.
- This lesson is part of the wider unit of work SugarByHalf – Lower Primary – Sugar and Healthy Kidneys
- Time required: 90 mins.
- Level of teacher scaffolding: Medium – Lead lesson discussions and assist with activities.
- Keywords: human body, movement, sugar, healthy food choices.
To view our Australian Curriculum alignment click here.
To view our NZ Curriculum alignment click here.
- Device capable of presenting a video to the class
- 1 sheet of poster paper for each student (could use Body Maps from lesson 1)
- Drawing materials – coloured pencils, crayons or marker pens.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian and New Zealand Curriculums.