In this lesson, students get creative, exploring where kidneys are found in the human body.
The students create their own body maps, learning about kidneys and the important role they have in our bodies. They finish the activity with a gallery walk to view the work of other students. It’s all about what our kidneys do in our bodies.
- Students understand that kidneys are a part of our body
- Students learn what our kidneys do for our body
- Students discover how a kidney keeps our body healthy.
- This lesson is part of the wider unit of work SugarByHalf – Lower Primary – Sugar and Healthy Kidneys
- Time required: 80 mins.
- Level of teacher scaffolding: Medium – lead student activities.
- Keywords: Human body, kidney, sugar, health and wellbeing.
To view our Australian Curriculum alignment click here.
To view our NZ Curriculum alignment click here.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian and New Zealand Curriculums.