Quick summary: Students explore the theme of water using a colouring-in sheet of the letter ‘W’ filled with images around the theme of water as the main prompt.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 1 Science
- People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE022)
Year 1 English
- Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning about key events, ideas and information in texts that they listen to, view and read by drawing on growing knowledge of context, text structures and language features (ACELY1660)
Year 2 Science
- Earth’s resources, including water, are used in a variety of ways (ACSSU032)
- People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE035)
Year 2 English
- Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning and begin to analyse texts by drawing on growing knowledge of context, language and visual features and print and multimodal text structures (ACELY1670)
Year levels: 1 and 2
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: 25 mins
Learning areas addressed: English, Science, The Arts (Visual Arts).
Resources required: Smartboard or digital projector, Printed Student Worksheets, colouring-in materials.
Homework and extension opportunities: Ask students to learn more about their favourite aquatic animal.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.