Quick summary: Students design water education posters to be displayed in the school. The theme of the poster is living as part of the water cycle with its major focus on using water sustainably.
- Students identify positive personal behaviours and actions relating to water and environmental sustainability.
- Students will understand how people depend on the water cycle.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 7 Science
- Communicate ideas, findings and solutions to problems using scientific language and representations using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS133)
Year 7 English
- Create imaginative, informative and persuasive texts that raise issues, report events and advance opinions, using deliberate language and textual choices, and including digital elements as appropriate (ACELY1736)
Year 8 Science
- Communicate ideas, findings and solutions to problems using scientific language and representations using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS148)
Year 8 English
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts, selecting aspects of subject matter and particular language, visual, and audio features to convey information and ideas (ACELY1725)
Syllabus Outcomes: SC4-9WS, EN4-4B.
Year levels: 7 and 8
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor/Outdoor
Time required: 45+ mins, extra time needed for presenting.
Learning areas addressed: Science, The Arts (Visual Arts), Geography.
Level of teacher scaffolding: Assist students with the design and presentation of posters, find a location in the school or community to present posters.
Resources required: Art and writing materials.
Homework and extension opportunities: This activity can be extended over several lessons.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.