- Students identify positive personal behaviours and actions relating to water and environmental sustainability.
- Students will understand how people depend on the water cycle.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 7 Science
- Communicate ideas, findings and solutions to problems using scientific language and representations using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS133)
Year 7 English
- Create imaginative, informative and persuasive texts that raise issues, report events and advance opinions, using deliberate language and textual choices, and including digital elements as appropriate (ACELY1736)
Year 8 Science
- Communicate ideas, findings and solutions to problems using scientific language and representations using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS148)
Year 8 English
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts, selecting aspects of subject matter and particular language, visual, and audio features to convey information and ideas (ACELY1725)
Year levels: 7 and 8
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor/Outdoor
Time required: 45+ mins, extra time needed for presenting.
Learning areas addressed: Science, The Arts (Visual Arts), Geography.
Level of teacher scaffolding: Assist students with the design and presentation of posters, find a location in the school or community to present posters.
Resources required: Art and writing materials.
Homework and extension opportunities: This activity can be extended over several lessons.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.