We’ve taken elements of this lesson and adapted them for remote learning. You can find this activity here.
- Students recognise that rubbish is a big problem for underwater biodiversity.
- Students understand that we all have a responsibility in preventing rubbish from going into our oceans.
Australian Curriculum Mapping
Year 3 English:
- Draw connections between personal experiences and the worlds of texts, and share responses with others (ACELT1596)
Year 3 Science:
- Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports (ACSIS060)
Year 4 English:
- Discuss literary experiences with others, sharing responses and expressing a point of view (ACELT1603)
Year 4 Science:
- Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports (ACSIS071)
General capabilities: Critical and creative thinking, Personal and social capability.
Time required: 60 mins
Level of teacher scaffolding: Medium – Assist students in creating posters.
Resources required: Art materials.
Digital technology opportunities: Digital sharing capabilities.
Homework and extension opportunities: Could be completed as homework.
Keywords: Rubbish, pollution, environment, biodiversity, poster.
Cool Australia’s curriculum team continually reviews and refines our resources to be in line with changes to the Australian Curriculum.