‘Sustainability in the Curriculum’ is a 6-hour course that will help you find meaningful entry points to embed sustainability in the curriculum from Years 3 to 6.
In this course, you will explore:
- What ‘sustainability’ actually means
- Pedagogical approaches to Education for Sustainability
- Sustainability in the Australian Curriculum
- Examples of best practice from other schools
- Cool Australia’s free-to-access lesson plans and digital libraries.
The course contains practical sessions where you will be encouraged to ‘give it a go’. There is a also an online forum where you can meet other teachers and educators from across Australia.
Primary school teachers, curriculum leaders, aides, education officers and service providers working with Years 3 to 6 students.
This is a 6-hour online course. It can be completed at any stage over a five week period.
This course will run with the following start dates:
- 15th June 2015
$269 + GST
This course contributes to 6.0 professional development hours.