Design an energy saving poster by selecting one of the energy saving tips below. Draw a picture showing how others can help save energy. Give your poster a heading.
List of actions
1. Tap - use cold water instead of hot when you can. Warm water needs to be heated and heating the water uses energy.
2. TV - turn off the TV, computer or any other electrical appliance when you’re not using them.
3. Window - use the light from the sun to light up your room instead of turning on the light.
4. Standby - that little light that stays on after you’ve turned off your TV or computer is called standby. It means that your TV or computer can be switched on again very quickly.
5. Energy efficient light bulb - next time you need to change a light bulb put in an
energy efficient bulb instead. You’ll save lots of energy!
6. Fan - before you switch on the air conditioner, try the fan.
7. Jumper - next time you’re at home and feeling chilly, put on a jumper and some slippers before you put on a heater.
8. Lightbulb - turn off the lights when you don’t need them. But do leave them on if you can’t see in the dark.
9. Open door - close the door to your room or house to keep it warm or cool, and close the door to the fridge to keep the cool air inside.
10. Phone and charger – ask a parent to help you (and remind them) to unplug your phone charger from the power point after the phone is charged. A phone charger that is plugged into the wall still uses energy.