You are going to do a research project on water. Read the student toolbox and then you are to:
1. Identify an issue related to water.
2. Find and describe some different points of view about the cause of the issue or how to solve the issue.
3. Judge which point of view is supported by the most evidence.
4. Provide their own point of view about the issue.
Select one of the issues below and write an essay about it using the resource you have completed.
• How can we allow more water to flow down rivers to keep them healthy?
• How can farmers be helped with access to water supplies?
• How can farms make better use of water supplies?
• Should more storage dams be built?
• Should sewerage treatment plants be allowed to treat water so it is perfectly clean and recycle it back into the suburban water supply?
• How will climate change affect our water sources?
• What can we do to save water?
• Should we be making seawater into freshwater when it requires a lot of electricity?
• Has South Australia got the right to water in the Murray River when the rain came from other states such as Queensland?
• Is it sensible to try and prevent floods in general or towns from flooding?
• How should homeowners take responsibility for preventing polluting chemicals, grasses, leaves, dog droppings and oil drippings from cars from getting into the stormwater and polluting waterways.
• Calculate the amount of water that can be harvested from the school’s roof in a year. What volume of water tanks would be needed to store an average four weeks of rain.